Adobe released Beta 2 of Lightroom today. Some of the new and improved features include:
- Now available as a Universal Binary for compatibility with Intel-based Apple hardware
- Crop and Straighten tools included in the Develop module
- Ability to add music to slideshows
- White balance support for the Nikon D2X, D2Hs and D50 cameras
- Ability to create hierarchical keyword sets
- XMP Import and Export capabilities. (Please consult Known Issues list for details)
- Improved Edit in Photoshop capabilities
- Improved metadata handling
Our COBA meeting last week featured demos of Lightroom, Aperture, Bibble, Raw Shooter Premium, and LightZone. I’ll have some photos from that event up soon.
I’ve been using Aperture for several projects lately, and I have been happy and frustrated with versions. I want to create a separate version of a photo that exists solely in one project or another. When I drag a version from one album to another, it creates a link between the two. Thus, if I make a change to one of the versions — such as adjusting the exposure or the crop &mdash the change is reflected in the other album. While this can be a good feature, it can also be very annoying when you want to keep them separate. I’ll dig around the support forums later this week to find a solution to the problem.