Jared Polis is featured on CNN today in an article on Freshman Congressman. When I was photographing the final week of his Congressional campaign, I asked him about the possibility of documenting his first 100 days of his Frosh year. The biggest stumbling block I saw was getting access to the real meat and potatoes of life on the Hill. For a single photographer, that would have posed a big problem, but if you’re CNN, I guess you can get the access you need!
Documenting Jared’s journey to the Capitol was an extremely rewarding experience. The trip came together very quickly at our friend Dave’s wedding a few weeks before the election. Sitting at our table, I asked the best man, “So, who’s documenting your election?” Jared responded that they’ve been so busy, they haven’t had anyone really doing it. I jumped at the opportunity to say that Rae and I should come up to Colorado to help out. Soon enough, I found myself in Colorado for a whirlwind week!
Here are the posts and galleries from the final week of the election. Enjoy!
- Election Night with Jared Polis
- Election Morning and Afternoon
- Final Hours Before Election
- Meridian Retirement Community
- Northglenn Heights Assisted Care Center
- The New America School Bus
- Thornton Park-N-Ride
- Boulder County Farmers’ Market
- Campaign Headquarters
- Munchkin Masquerade and Pearl Street
- Halloween Honk and Wave
- Cannon Mine Coffee House in Lafayette
- Gilpin County Rotary Club
- Jared at the Wagon Road Park-N-Ride in Westminster
- Jared at the Atlanta Bread Company
You can view all of the photos from the election here on my SmugMug page: