This post will detail some of the new AppleScript goodies and oddities of Aperture 1.5.
- Selection: I can’t stress how much I love this feature. It will certainly make development of new features much faster now that I have access to the currently selected images.
- Selection: If you select a stack of images, the selection property will return all images in the stack. There no stack property in Aperture yet. I expect something like that to come in version 2.0.
- Sublocation becomes SubLocation: The IPTC tag name has gone from Sublocation to SubLocation with a capital L. In Annoture 0.9.3, iView 2.6.4 and Aperture 1.5, this caused problems syncing the SubLocation IPTC tag.
- Caption becomes Caption/Abstract: The IPTC tag name has gone from Caption to Caption/Abstract. This caused problems syncing the Description IPTC tag.
- Keywords property: Not sure if this is working properly, but I’m unable to access the keywords property for the selected image
tell application “Aperture”
set theImage to first item of selection
set theKeywords to keywords of theImage
This doesn’t return a proper keywords list for me. Boo hoo.