Apologies for getting the meeting announcement for next week’s COBA meeting out so late! I’ve been swamped by work, and I’m dreading the 9th — it’ll be my 30th birthday!
The March 2005 meeting of the Camera Owners of the Bay Area user group will be held on Wednesday, March 9, 2005 at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC) from 7:30-10:30 pm.
This month will feature book reviews, Photoshop tips and tricks, and a recap of the recent PMA conference.
- 19:00-19:30: Sign-in and mingling period
- 19:30-19:45: Post-PMA Roundup
- 19:45-20:45: Photography Book Review
- 20:50-21:30: Photoshop Tips and Tricks
The big Photo Marketing Association (PMA) conference ended recently, and we’ll recap all the major announcements.
Photography Book Review
There’s nothing like a good photography book to teach you new skills or to refresh your memory. Do you have a photography book that you would like to share with the group? Bring them to the meeting and let’s have a review!
Subject matter can range from SLR and Digital SLR Photography, photography technique, computer editing, or general information. I’ll be bringing and talking about the following books:
- Canon EF Lens Work III (Canon)
- Photojournalist: The Professionals’ Approach (Kenneth Kobre)
- 35mm Handbook (Michael Langford)
- Digital Photography: Expert Techniques (O’Reilly and Associates)
- Digital Photography Hacks (O’Reilly and Associates)
Photoshop Tips and Tricks
Have you learned any new Photoshop tips and tricks since our last meeting on the subject? Bring them to the meeting to show and teach to the group! Examples of tips that we’ll cover include:
- Changing the default settings for Shadows and Highlight
- Getting rid of moire
- Effective noise reduction with Noise Ninja’s PS Plug-In
- Correcting perspective without using tilt-shift lenses
Email me if you have any tips or tricks that you would like to demonstrate to the group.