After watching today’s Stage 7 time trial, I’m wondering if anyone wants to win the Tour de France. Like the commentators said, this was a strange time trial. No clear favorite in the field meant we’d see some fireworks, right? Sorry, the Fourth of July was last week for the American. Julich crashed. Levi had a horrible day in the saddle. Hincapie didn’t look like he’s ready to wear yellow again. Even Floyd Landis, who came in second on the day, had some issues with his bike during the first 16km.
The general classification has been shaken up with the Pyrenees looming. I don’t know if Levi can make up the 6+ minutes that he lost today in the mountains. The interesting storylines to follow in the next two weeks:
- How does Team Discovery function when playing behind?
- Who’s the leader of Team Discovery?
- Who’s the leader for T-Mobile? They have riders in first, third, and fourth position
- Coming out of Lance’s shadow. Can Landis win the Tour?
- Will Tom Boonen win a stage?
- Can Robbie make it four stage wins this year?
- Who’s the leader of CSC? Basso disqualified. Julich crashed out. Sastre next?